CREC Early Years Partnership
Our school is delighted to be part of the CREC Early Years Partnership which from September 2015 will be delivering and awarding a Schools Direct Teacher Training programme with a specific focus on Early Years. 50 student places are available through this partnership and at least one of those places will be available in our school. If you or anyone you know is interested in becoming a teacher and working with children aged 2-7 please contact the Head Teacher to find out more, or visit the website at www.earlyyearsteachertraining.co.uk. Student loans are available to cover course fees and bursaries can be obtained towards living costs. Successful students will receive Qualified Teacher Status and 60 credits at Masters level.
For more information you can also email email@example.com or call 0121 464 0020
Further guidance on applying to UCAS:
In order to apply for the Early Years Initial Teacher Training through the CREC Early Years Partnership, you will first need to register with UCAS. Ensure that you register for the “UCAS Teacher Training” Option (as there are various application pathways through UCAS). Fill in the required details, and once you are able to, click the “Choices” option on the menu on the left of the page. To add the CREC Early Years Partnership as one of your choices, follow the steps below:
- Next to “Training Provider Code” click the search button and search for “St Thomas Centre Nursery” (note the lack of a full-stop after “St”)
- You should have one option, St Thomas Centre Nursery, Bell Barn Road, B15 2AF. Select this. In the “Training Provider Code” you should now see the code “25R”
- Click “See List” next to “Training Programme”. There should only be one option available; “Early Years (2MZV)” – select this.
- Ensure that “Non-Modular” and “Full-Time” are selected in the next two boxes.
- You can leave the section “Main Subject or Subjects” blank.
- Ensure all other requested information is completed accurately.