Computing at Monkspath Junior & Infant School
At Monkspath we use digital technology as an essential tool in making learning fun for you!
Computing lessons are taught weekly, and we use as much technology in other subjects as we possibly can. In our Computing sessions, we teach you how to use a range of technology such as; Bee-Bots, iPads, Desktop computers, Flip cameras and Laptops. As well as, introducing you to a broad range of software such as; Scratch, Kudo, Picasa, Stick Figure, Terragen and SketchUp.
We like to make our topics exciting and relevant by giving you an opportunity to become App developers, photographers, treasure hunters, games testers plus much more.
We know how much you love to carry on your learning at home, so develop your Computing skills further, by having a go on some of the fun websites below:
- Learn how to write code with Barclays Code Playground
- Create your own games using Scratch online
- Become a programmer with Lightbot online
- Watch videos explaining computing on the BBC
Do you have a tablet device at home?
Try some of the fun, educational apps below:
- Practise directional language and programming with the Beebot app
- Learn the basics of computer programming with Daisy the Dinosaur
- Create your own unique shows with animation and audio in real time with Puppets Pals in HD
- Create your own beautiful eBooks with Book Creator.
Click here to see an overview of our KS1/KS2 Computing Curriculum
Click here to see an overview of our EYFS Computing Curriculum