Solihull Police are investigating a suspicious incident yesterday where a young girl was stopped by a lone man driving a white vehicle in the vicinity of Cheswick Green. The incident is being investigated and as with all incidents reported to the police, it is taken seriously and will be looked into. People are encouraged to report any activity or behaviour they deem suspicious. Whilst it is not intended to unduly cause alarm, it is understood that these issues may cause concern in the local community. Police Officers work closely with local schools and would also encourage parents to pass on the following safety advice to their children.
Advice for children when they are travelling to or from school;
– Never go off on your own with a stranger, take things from them or get in a car with them.
– Make sure you tell your parents where you are.
– If someone scares you, or makes you feel uncomfortable go somewhere safe, which could be your home, your school or a police station.
– Remember to tell someone what has happened straight away.
– Always dial 999 in an emergency.
If you would like to discuss any other policing matters please contact your local policing team on 101.